Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week 12 #3: London, darling

Busy week this week! So many places to see, so much traveling, but I love it. Last night, after coming back from Inverness (link) I went to London. I caught the bus at 11:40 pm, and slept all the way, curled up on two seats. Who knew sleeping on a bus was actually comfortable?

 



Anyway, I arrived in London at 09 am and had my breakfast at the Starbucks just next to Victoria Station. After my breakfast I went to Euston station to meet up with my friend, Peter, whom I met in South Africa last September.
We then got in touch with Rai and Priscila, who happened to be in London. We met up at Paddington Station, sat down for a coffee (tea in my case) and had a bit of catching up to do since none of had seen each other since September.
Needless to say I had been beyond thrilled by the idea of a tiny reunion, and I am so, so happy I got to see all of them.


After saying "see ya later" to Rai and Priscila , Peter and I decided to explore London a bit. Since I had not made a list of things I wanted to see, we just took the underground (I refuse to say "tube") to River Thames and walked along that.



We walked over Millennium Bridge, which is the bridge that is broken in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part I and went into St. Paul's Cathedral. Magnificent is the best word to describe that.



After walking back over Millennium Bridge, which was by the way built to celebrate 2000, we continued up the Thames towards London Eye.
We went up London Eye and it was an amazing view of London, the Parliament and Big Ben. It took approximately 30 minutes to go around, but it was a smooth and beautiful ride.
However, between the bus ride and the walking I needed to lie down for a bit, and we went back to the hotel.

 


After an hour or so we set out for dinner, and decided on Wagamama, a restaurant I visited 7 years ago in Amsterdam. It was, however, just as good as I remembered it to be.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice... :)

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS