Monday, April 27, 2015

Week 14 #1: Week of good-byes

This is a weird entry to write for me. Realizing that this is my last week in Glasgow, and with last comes a lot of see ya laters, and I don't like doing that. I don't like leaving friends, knowing it might be quite a while before I will be able to see them again, but they days are passing, and while I wish I had more numbers I just have to make the best of those left at my disposal.

   




Today, while studying at the library the first hug and see ya later arrived, and I realized that that was only beginning, and it took me a couple of minutes to recover from that, not fully comprehending how people have come to mean so much in such little time.

 


On a happier note, I wrote that I would do an entry about my visit to the botanic gardens (link), so I will now share some of the beautiful pictures I got from the Botanic Garden. Obviously, there's not too much to say about the botanic garden expect that it was pretty big, but I'll try anyway.

  


I visited the Botanic Garden in Aarhus in January, and while that was hot and humid, it wasn't particularly big, but did contain of lot of different flowers and plants. The Botanic Garden of Glasgow is physically a garden, and it's rather big complete with a herb and rose garden as well. It's placed just off river Kelvin, so I got to see that as well.

 


The green house contained a wing for orchids, and different plants and flowers, although there were more plants than I found flowers. Also, there is a fern house with an impossible labyrinth. Since it was actually raining I found the reprieve from the green house pretty nice, although the humidity at times was too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice... :)

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS