Friday, April 15, 2016

Paris #2 Liberté, égalité, fraternité

Cécile and I decided to sleep in, and I had a breakfast of champs with fresh strawberries. Along with that I had a mint tea and an espresso. After finishing that we were ready to go. I decided to put on summer pants and no socks, which was a bit of a... bet for me, as it would be way too cold for that back home. However, it wasn't cold, my feet have been perfectly warm all day and so have the rest of me.







Paris decided to be sunny from the morning, and we went to the Opéra and got pictures there. Then the trip went to Galeries Lafayette (lovely name) where we just strolled around and saw all the exclusive brands. After Lafayette we went to the Printemps which is even more exclusive and high end brands.



  



Galeries Lafayette have a lovely view over the city skyline, and I snapped a couple of pictures there.
Then lunch time. We were both hungry, and we sat down at a café near the Opéra where I got a veggie burger with a pretty amazing quinoa patty. Then I had tarte au citron meringuée, which was amazing as well.

 


Full and happy we ventured onto the Louvre, not inside it, but around it. However, we got stuck in a downpour of cats and dogs, and we were stuck (thankfully) under a couple of arches. The weather cleared up fast enough, and we got to go see the Louvre and the parks around it. Cécile got to exercise her photography skills and as such, a couple of photos of me will follow.

 



 

After the Louvre we went to sit by a café which made vegan and normal stuff. I had a smoothie with mango, passion fruit and coconut, which was really delicious. After having finished both that and 3/4 of a bottle of water, we went into a mall, but didn't stay there long as we took the subway into Champs-Élysées to visit the Disney store.
 

I was slightly disappointed, but instead we went into Sephora where I found my new perfume. I had asked for a perfume based on either lavender or chamomile as that's my usual scent, but the sales people found perfumes with ylang ylang, white flower and jasmine which was... not what I was looking for.



Both Cécile and I needed a rest and we went back to the apartment before going to see the Jungle Book. We saw it in 3D, not that it makes much of a difference, but it definitely deserve ***** out of 5. The movie theater was so big. Cécile was basically laughing at me because I was just looking around and taking pictures. As you do.



  


Before going back to the apartment we went for a stroll on the Champs-Élysées yet again. Paris is lovely by day and so, so amazing by night. I believe I have this permanent face of wonder and awestruckness. We stopped at Sephora again so I could actually buy the perfume.



Sadly I don't many good pictures of night time Paris because I forgot the camera at the apartment, but stay tuned for those.

 

   


We walked 21 km according to my Fitbit, and it's safe to say 'j'adore Paris'. I've been here a day and a half, and it's such a lovely city to be in. I'm definitely in love with Paris.


 


























































No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice... :)

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS