Monday, April 18, 2016

Paris #5 4 day cake party

My Paris trip is coming to an end, and life and thesis waits just around the corner. Paris is amazing, and Paris has been so good to and for me. I've lived in a relatively stress-free bubble for almost a week, and I've walked in average 18 km a day. It's really no wonder my feet hurt a little.


I'm not sad to go home, I know I'll come back. I'm a little sad because these 6 days really have been amazing and I've had so, so, so much fun. The trips today were all around the trip. We started at Sacré-Cæur where we didn't bother to walk up, but instead took the automatic lift. It was actually a bit of a freedom. After enjoying the scenery we went inside, and I saw real confession rooms for the first time.

  


We decided to take the stairs down, and it really was fine until the end. There several men tried to talk to us, and one even snagged my wrist to try and tie something around it. I snapped 'let go!', but Cécile told me it sounded rather like a tiger cub trying to roar, but failing. I'm pretty sure the guy yelled 'sensitive lady, eh' back at me, but Cécile heard 'sexy lady, eh' and I'm choosing to believe she might be right.



We headed into a different area where we saw another arch and had lunch. We shared a tomato/mozarella salad and I had a version of the croque monsieur and Cécile had duck. We of course had cake for dessert and also en espresso.



 

After that tiny incident earlier, we decided to avoid Montmartre further, and we headed into Saint Michel which is an authentic area with fewer tourists. We saw and visited a giant bookshop spread over different streets and different sizes. It was pretty amazing to see as I love books.

 


I have been talking about Ladurée for about a million years now, and we decided to go to Ladurée for tea and more cake. I was... enchanted by the beautiful, beautiful restaurant and café, and the cake was really gorgeous. It was a cake tasting of rose and raspberry, and it's quite the wonderful mix.

 


Having finished our second cake of the day, we decided to climb the Triumph Arch to enjoy the lovely view of the city and skyline. It was sunny and it was warm, so it really couldn't have been any better. I walked around with my Ladurée bag proudly.


 



Climbing up and climbing down we were kinda done for the day. My camera had run out of power, and I had naïvely thought two full batteries would be enough. However, it wasn't. Partly because I took a lot more pictures than expected and because Cécile loves using me as a model. I have to admit that I don't mind at all. We had hoped that any of the hundred micro USB's in her apartment would work, but of course it takes a special one to work.

 
 


That launched us into a hunt against the clock to find a charger and a restaurant for dinner. The charger was found in a store on the Champs-Élysées, and the restaurant we found in Cécile's neighborhood.

 


 

Here we ate a lovely full course dinner complete with the third desert of the day. This meal was featured by a virgin cocktail for us both, mine was a peach mojito and Cécile's a virgin on the beach. Both really complemented the food, and we somewhat wolfed it down although having eaten too much cake earlier.

 

Having eaten we headed for a spot to see the five minute light up of the Eiffel Tower. It lights up once every hour when it's dark, and we spent five minutes just enjoying how beautiful it was. After this, we headed onto the Champs-Élysées for the third time today. Cécile took control of the camera and snapped some cute pictures.

  
 

The visit at Ladurée prompted buying of macarons, and the visit at Pierre Hermé after the climb of the Triumph Arch prompted even more macarons. I can't wait to taste them, but I'm still too full to even want to try because I want to enjoy them fully.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice... :)

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS