Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Getting lost

Of all the things I am here I think the thing I am the most is lost. Lost on campus, lost in buildings and oh so lost in the translation that is so missing between Scottish and English sometimes. It's not because I want to be insincere, but it's a completely different language! And then, 5 minutes after it dawns on me what the conversation was about and I spend the next 50 minutes cursing myself for being an idiot.
I still have the hope that I'll learn to catch onto the accent at some point.

Last night we went to the Erasmus party at Walkabout. It was a fun night, and parties over here always start at 5 PM. We played pool, and when the upstairs floor closed we went downstairs where people sang karaoke, which is something I have never seen before.
I walked back to the dorm with two other exchange students, and we were back around 10 PM.
Today has been slow so far. I went to visit the International Office, getting lost a couple of times. After that I went to shop for some necessities and groceries, not getting lost, at all. I then had lunch and a nice nap.

I managed to check my schedule, or timetable as it is called here. I don't have any classes, I have modules, and it seems my modules are only on Tuesday and Thursday. I think I'll just double check tomorrow to make sure, though.

Tonight the girls and I are going to watch Wild the movie at Cineworld. It's a very big cinema, only 8 stories tall, and with escalators in it. Needless to say I'm ecstatic to see this gigantic and beautiful building inside!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice... :)

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS