Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Where I was supposed to go...

As some of you may know I was supposed to leave for Shippensburg tomorrow morning. I was supposed to fly out of Billund very early in the morning, but with only a week to go my trip to Shippensburg got cancelled, sadly because I was unable to attend, breaking my dreams and wasting months of preparation.
Needless to say that I was heartbroken and thrown for a loop. Suddenly I had nowhere to live, and my dreams were literally breaking in my hands.
For two days I looked like something the cat had dragged in, and I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. I was trying to get a hold of where I was going now and slowly accepting that me going abroad was not part of that path.
On Friday last week I received a call from the study abroad office telling me that they would try to get me into Surrey, London.
I told them to do it, because I didn't want to give up this dream of going abroad unless all options had been exhausted.
They told me that they would know definitively Monday or Tuesday.



Monday I received a mail saying that Surrey didn't accept more students. I had been trying so hard not to get my hopes up, but at that point it was evident to me that I actually really wanted to go with all of my heart, so I was saddened again, but the office had told me they were still trying.
Tuesday morning I received a mail with the headline "URGENT". Curious as I am I opened the mail, containing an application form!!!
Naturally I filled out the application form, and this is written on the assumption that I have already been accepted into Glasgow Caledonian. I don't know for sure, but I hope with all of my heart, and every piece of my being.

It has been a hectic week, and words can only begin to describe how awful it actually was. I don't know if I'm accepted yet,  I just assume I am. I don't have any plane tickets yet, because I don't want to buy them before I am accepted, and I have no place to live in Glasgow, but I am assuming knowingly that things will be all right in the end.
The time I spent preparing for Shippensburg is obviously wasted, but I am going to leave the list on the blog anyhow, because some exchange student might want to check it out one day, and most importantly, I don't want to forget, because I think it is important not to forget the excessive preparation-work load on exchange student.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice... :)

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS